Monday, 17 October 2011

cucumber water?

I've changed fonts... sorry, this just seems so much more 'bloggy' hehe.
As for cucumber water? my dance teacher told me to look at this, so I'm sharing it with you :)



H2O is the absolute best thing for you to drink during class or a performance.  Sports drinks contain too much sugar and energy drinks are pumping you full of caffeine and a laundry list of ingredients that you can’t begin to pronounce.  But sometimes you are craving something more than water to quench that post pliĆ© thirst.
Try mixing it up with cucumber water.  In the less-than-5-minutes it takes to prepare, you’ll be feeding your body vitamin K for bone strength, Vitamins A and C for fighting germs, and you’ll be getting a healthy boost of potassium and electrolytes as well!

CUCUMBER WATER

Prep Time: 5 min       Yields: 2 Servings
Ingredients:

  • One large cucumber-peeled
  • 3 cups water
Directions:
  1. Slice cucumber in half and scoop out seeds with a spoon, then cut into chunks.
  2. Put cucumber chunks and water into blender, puree and serve.
Variation: Add a handful of mint leaves when blending for a crisp, cool taste.
 
I haven't tried it yet, but I'm looking forward to it, I can kinda foreshadow that it's going to be strange yet refreshing. I'm really into peppermint tea at the moment just before bed, although there's probably some weird reason why I shouldn't drink it then :/

My friend Saskia (such a lovely name I know)and I are really into Grandad jumpers at the moment, and we by chance found an awesome vintage fashion website Kiss Me Quick- CHECK IT OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment