Saturday, 9 June 2012

Book Review- The Anger of Achilles: The Iliad

I think this is my first book review on here, but no matter! I love books and I completely support that people should read as much as they can! This book I borrowed from the library, which is a facility that I temporarily forgot about. However, I spied this little beauty of which I had been dying to read for awhile!



"War is raging between the Greeks and the Trojans, and Achilles, the great champion of the Greek Army, is angrily sulking in his tent and refusing to fight after a furious row with his commander, Agamemnon. But when the Trojan prince Hector kills Achilles' beloved friend, Achilles plunges back into the battle to seek his bloody revenge- even though he knows it will bring about his own doom..."
Notes: Easy to read, and very interesting, can be a little overwhelming if unacquainted with ancient Greek history and mythology, but you quickly become adjusted. I swept through it fairly fast- under a week. Very enjoyable! I recommend!

1 comment:

  1. Great review I was planing on buying a book but I didn't know what book I want now I will surely but this one thanks :)
    Ann
    http://annie-8.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete