Friday, 20 July 2012

Common room snacking

It's the last day of term so my friend and I decided to splash out and make some 5 minute microwave cakes. Actually, I tell a lie, if you have a well stocked pantry like me then all the ingredients will already be in your reach.
Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons of self raising flour
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- and some icing or chocolate to melt over

Method:
1. Grab a big mug and mix the flour, sugar and cocoa powder
2. Add the egg and mix
3. Add the milk and oil and mix
4. Whack in the microwave for 5 minutes
5. Leave to cool for 2 minutes
6. Spoon melted chocolate over the top and DIG IN!

The only bad things is that I suspect there is an inordinate amount of calories, but as a start if summer holidays treat we really didn't mind too much! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I've done it before but mine just faild haha hope yours is better xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awrh, it was the first time I had done it. They were really nice, but so filling! I couldn't even eat half of it in one sitting! xx

    ReplyDelete