Monday, 23 July 2012

read and love.

These are my favourite reads of late, and because I think they are simply awesome I have decided to share them with you!
from clockwise top left:
1. Perfume, by Patrick Süskind. A beautiful French classic, that evokes feelings and reactions that you didn't know you could possess.
2. Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides. A three generation tale of a genetic disorder that most of us are unaware of the repercussions of. 
3. To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. An absolute classic, that is all.
4. The Green Mile, by Stephen King. Don't be put off by the genre, a fabulous read (not for the faint hearted).
5. The Colour Purple, by Alice Walker. Enthralling and emotive that highlights the struggle of black women.
6. I am Charlotte Simmons, by Tom Wolfe. A hefty read, but gripping at the same time.
7. Catcher in the Rye, by J.D Salinger. An American classic where we witness the unfoldings of the protagonists thoughts.
8. Oranges are not the Only Fruit, by Jeanette Winterson. Key themes of homosexuality and religion conflict to create a bewitching narrative.
9. The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck. A story which migrates both with the narrative and the extent of the reader's alliance.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I will come again for sure If you want we could follow each other? If you want just follow me and send me your link on huniat8@gmail.com and I will follow you immediately 
    http://huniat.blogspot.com/
     Xoxo

    ReplyDelete